Tuesday 1 May 2012

Video hasn't killed the radio star

It's been a good day today, after taking delivery of 100 cushion inners (I don't know where they're going to go), me and my running buddy embraced the wet windy weather by going for a muddy run in spikes.
After that it was time to crack on with treehuggery with the radio tuned into Radcliffe and Maconie on 6 music.  I always enjoy the challenge of trying for a shout out, so when they asked for rules and regulations,I couldn't resist emailing in to tell them about the pharmacy shop where I'm working part time to make ends meet - the first rule of the pharmacy shop is, in fight club style, not to talk about the pharmacy shop, and then the second rule is "you work here, enjoy it"  - call me childish but I never think that enjoyment can be commanded and subsequently I'm determined not to, and am currently awaiting to see what  the punishment might entail....  Later on in the show the teatime themetime was from my hometown, and now I'm listening to Steve Lamacque who has just played the tune with the daftest lyrics "Tonight there's going to be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town", and someone else has just emailed in to share the same bemusement.  I love radio, in a world where everything tries to be so interactive, radio just does it naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment