Tuesday 8 May 2012

Feel like running again

After months of us both struggling to run - Col not enough time cos of working on the Brinsley wreck, and me just feeling demotivated, we're both quite eager again.  I think following the Joggle (a 14 day running even from John O Groats to Lands End has inspired me again.
We went for a lovely run together on Sunday following the Nottingham's Big wheel which is a circular route of  footpaths along the River Trent and Nottingham and Beeston Canal. It was lovely and sunny, and despite me thinking I'd struggle with 10 miles - I haven't run more than 8 miles for months - it was enjoyable and easier than I'd expected.  Tonight Col has gone for a fell run (more later) and I did another 10 miles along the local canals -again it was a lovely day, and I saw the first of the years signets and baby coots, and it reminded me of why I love running..
After not wanting to race for the last couple of years, I'm even toying with the idea of entering a summer or autumn half  .....

No comments:

Post a Comment