Thursday 10 May 2012

Rhubarb Rhubarb

I'm dyeing with rhubarb leaves and stalks, and then using the rhubarb to make crumble and vodka (although not together).  Apparently you should be able to dye with the roots too, although that leaves me with a moral dilemma - digging up the roots means less rhubarb next year, but we wont be living here next year, we'll be in the brinsley wreck - still it seems such a waste to kill something off just for a bit of dye, and I just can't allow myself to do it .....can I.  (Seeing as I couldn't even kill one of the harlequin ladybirds that found its way into our house - they kill our native ladybirds - I passed on the dilemma to Col, who had less qualms than me, its unlikely that I'd be able to sleep at night if i destroyed some rhubarb just for the sake of some colour in my life!)
Jackie 

No comments:

Post a Comment