Monday 28 May 2012

Can You tell what it is yet

I've been working intensely on this piece for the last week; swealtering in my attic workshop with my heat gun, while the sun's been shining brightly outside.  I'm  hoping that it will be good enough to be acceoted for the Derbyshire Open Art Competition, I've not entered a competition since I was at school, so I'm really nervous.  The piece incorporates my silver birches, which I love making so much, and which I think are typical of much of the rural landscape where I live, and as I was keen to emphasise the  Derbyshire feel, I've worked on the weather worn stone wall, but was struggling to think of a name....., then on Friday night, my friend's boy saw it, and was like "wow, is that Drum Hill?"  It turns out that unknown to me I'd created his favourite scout camp, which IS in Derbyshire.  The name then became obvious "Scout to the top"
Its nearly finished now, I just hope Colin has some time to frame it, obviously its not a priority given the state of "The Wreck", so we'll just have to see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment