Friday 18 May 2012

Singles night!

I'm feeling very old - a fellow freecycler has just requested some singles from the 70s and 80s because she's a teacher and her class are  going to be doing a project on "that era", and....  I'm guessing that a few of them are going to be thinking "a single what?" .  Me n Col have still got most of our old records - I threw a few away that were a bit embarrassing, and I swapped some for others, and still much regret swapping Blondie's Parallel lines, I can't even remember what for now.....  We re-invested in a record player a few years ago, its funny how records still hold their charm, even though there's the inconvience of having to change sides after only a few tracks, but even though most of my favourite stuff was on cassette, it doesn't hold the same magic....It seems a shame that we live in such a disposable era, most young people growing up today, won't even have a collection of CDs, even people of my age group seem to have chucked out their records for cds, and chucked out their cds for ipods.....  We live in an era where we know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment