Monday 21 May 2012

It would be quicker to build it...

I'm busy trying to create a mixed media landscape picture for submission to the Derbyshire Open Competition - its taken so long to create my 5 bar gate and dry stone wall that it would probably have been quicker to have actually built them.  This afternoon I allowed myself some time off for a run, with the excuse that I was researching viewpoints and thinking about how best to compose my picture.  Its been a lovely day for a plod around the woods, although in places it was much muddier than I anticipated and at one point I did wonder if I should retrace my steps, but decided muddy would be more fun!
The provisional results are out for the hilly 100, and as always Col did much better than he said he had - he actually did his very hilly 10mile stretch in 61minutes 49 secs - its one of the hardest legs of the race, and he was the quickest for team Ilkeston, and thats on the back of hardly any training - whereas I will train and train and wouldn't even be able to pull off a 6minute mile pace for a mile ..... not fair!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment