Tuesday 19 January 2010

Blood letting Day

I've just come back from the blood donors, I had hoped it might lift my mood (not sure why I'm down today, but cant shake it off) anyway Jac had persuaded me that letting blood, might make me feel better and likened it to the olden days of quack medicine and leeches. Despite them taking nearly an armful I can't say that I recommend blood letting as a cure for being fed up, still I know I should do it, and as much as I hate needles, it does help save lives and the choccy biscuit selection wasnt too bad - see it isn't all for altruistic reasons!
Jac went for a run, and came back complaining that the potholes in the pavements are as bad as those on the roads, and more difficult to see, and shes finnished one assignement on her obesity course, and has now moved onto the next module which seems to focus on energy requirements. Its pretty impressive to know that walking (at 3mph) for an hour per day will burn off approx 9.8kg over a year - unless of course you eat more as a result of feeling hungry after the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment