Saturday 9 January 2010

beautiful day




Me n Col went for a nice slow run in the snow this morning - we took my camera so that I had plenty of excuses to stop for a breather - not that I needed many, as before we'd even got to Cotmanhay Rd we had to stop to help push a van that had got stuck in the snow, and then spent a while talking to various dog walkers - that said, really glad we took the camera, it was a beautiful morning. I took a fair few close ups of snowy things for inspiration for my design course, and couldn't believe that I was so lucky to have a robin and a shetland pony happy to pose for me.

I've spent a fair part of the rest of the day, "making marks" for my new textiles design course , trying to represent words such as "Happy" "Soft" "Fast" and "Slow" using paints and pastels, bleach, combs and whatever else comes to hand - not used to working in abstact so its been fairly challenging, but think i'm gonna like this course, and hope its gonna help me with my idea of setting up "Tree Huggery" as a business.
No sign of panic buying in the shops yet, although we did hear on the radio the other night that some people were recommending the panic buying of Baileys Irish Cream and Terrys Chocolate Orange and 2 for 1 offers on bacon (apparently its cheaper than cheese!) Hmm think i'll stick with Baileys (apparently its only 70 calories a measure).

No comments:

Post a Comment