Sunday 19 August 2012

Living the Dream

Today we've swapped apples with one neighbour for a mighty fine chocolate cake, and with another neighbour for onions and garlics - it's really nice to see how happy people are giving and receiving the little things in life, and makes me think that we're  getting closer to our dream of living the good life.
I'm also really happy to have found out that my piece "Alone" which is currently being exhibited at the Derbyshire Open in Buxton has been sold.  Obviously the money is really appreciated, but just the fact that somebody likes your work enough to want to buy it, is a really really lovely feeling, that it's almost impossible to describe.  (Although Colin did joke that my parents or my sister had bought it me as a present, thinking it was the kind of thing that I might like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment