Sunday 22 April 2012

More difficult to follow than Mornington Crescent!


Well its been a good weekend - after getting some useful feedback on Friday, I've updated my website http://www.treehuggery.co.uk/, Cols picked up his van (tree huggery joinery here we come) and we helped our friend celebrate her birthday.  We were invited  round for good food, drink and a fantastic board game themed around the London Underground (complete with Mornington Crescent! - and the rules were just as difficult to follow!) One of the friends invited, is currently testing out a scooter (the non motorised kind) for a very exciting sport that she's in the process of developing (more in a later post, as I think its still top secret right now).  We bumped into her en route with her scooter, and were very tempted to try and arrive "Goodies" style with all 3 of us balancing on it.   The route back on a Friday night was quite entertaining, and we did get some funny looks from some passing police, but that's probably because she was without lights, thankfully she wasn't breathalised - it would be terrible to be banned from riding a scooter!

3 comments:

  1. You really had fun on your post. I wonder what's the top secret. I find it hard to control a non motorised scooter. I am also entertained reading this as I always love to balance on my scooter together with my cousins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy
    The worse thing about the scooter is that the brake is on the back, and so just when you're wanting to slow down, you have to take both feet off the ground - a major design flaw me thinks!
    I'm seeing my "scooter pal" tomorrow (tues) - we've planned to go for a run in the morning - and I'll ask her if the new scooter sport is ok to share and/or when I can.
    Thanks for the comment, its good to know that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine Hughes24 April 2012 at 05:27

    It's top secret still - but this week, as a novice scooterer myself (until a few weeks ago), I finalise my extensive testing so that I can submit the final risk assessment to the council. This brand new sport will be launched in Nottingham and it will involve some pretty adventurous activities off road with scooters! More soon, once the council finish the launch poster...

    ReplyDelete