Monday 16 April 2012

dimming the lights - but not for the reasons that you might think!

I'm very excited to find that my silver birch cushions change their appearance according to the light.  At the weekend someone who has previously had one of my Autumn cushions contacted me to say that they would like another and did I know that as the light changes on them throughout the day that they change in their appearance; echoing early morning light, full day light, twilight, evening and night.
Colin made me get one straight away (Summer was close to hand) and we closed the curtains, dimmed the lights, slowly brought them up to full brightness, and then dimmed them again, and we had the whole cycle of a woodland waking up, being alive and then going back to sleep.  I'm really, really happy that they do this, and can't believe that without the kind feedback, that I would never have noticed!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment