Friday 30 March 2012

Grass

I'm trying to dye with grass today, but its not going to well - I've used allum as a mordant to prepare my cloth, and I've had my grass bubbling away in an old pressure cooker that we found in the garage of the new home, but its all just looking a bit dingy to be honest.  I'd prepared myself not to expect the lovely bright green that stains your clothes when you sit down, and don't want to be dyed green, but I had anticpitated a more yellowy green than the straw like substance that I've got at the moment - cos to be honest once its out of the water and dried, it will be even lighter than it is now.
Well at least its not cost anything, apart from my time, and the gas for the stove, but frankly i'm a little disappointed, lets just hope that nobody with hayfever come's to the front door
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment