Sunday 11 March 2012

Wolfs pit fell race

I went for a run this morning in the peak District at a place called Shatton near Bamford.  To me this was going to be and defiantly was a tough race.I'm not race fit so I took it steady to start with and then got down to being down right slow going up the first big hill. I dropped quickly in to a run /fell walk (hands on knees bent forward). and just opted for keeping moving. After the initial biggy I trotted on up the less severe incline and followed around the back of the hill. Then came the bit I'm really bad at, the descent bit, it was a controlled adventure, which for once no one passed me on, then it was back to the climbing up hill and more run walking. and then the final descent back down the step first climb. As the normal down hill manoeuvre took place of me not running well and other competitors over taking me I opted for the I just need to finish approach it was soon to come and I finished in a heap with totally tatered legs.
I'd do it again but I need more fitness than I currently have after three runs in the last few weeks.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment