Saturday 10 March 2012

When will it be Summer?

Since being made redundant the plan was to pick up a part time job and spend the rest of the time doing what I enjoy doing; pursuing my textiles degree and setting up my textile business "Treehuggery".  So far, so good.  The only surprise is how busy I am - sometimes my 12 hour a week job requires me to cover holidays and becomes full time, I've got a diary full of craft fairs for this year and am very busy preparing for those. I've taken over the running of my website http://www.treehuggery.co.uk/, and just haven't had nearly enough time to look at the drawing module of my textile degree.  I'm tempted to put it off until the summer. This particular module requires me to draw outside, and although I've overcome my initial self consciousness and now feel confident enough to ignore the curious looks of passers by, its oh so cold.  I love being outdoors, but drawing outdoors is very different to being active outdoors.  Where do I sit?  If I stand I tend to rush, how do I transport all of my large sketch pads to remote places without curling them up in a ruck sack, when it rains everything smudges.  Roll on the summer weather when it will be lovely sitting outside
Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment