Thursday 15 March 2012

Stigmata

As if its not bad enough that I used to have the nickname "Jesus",  (yeah I do look a bit like him) and as if its not bad enough that Easter is around the corner - today I am scarred with  thorny barbed wire sores.

After doing most of my run, I decided to come back along one of my favourite muddy fields tonight.  I know it was dark but there was enough moonlight to see the track that I was following.  I noticed that the council had put in a bridge and a stile at the edge of the field but  I didn't notice, until I hit and bounced off it, the new, barbed wire, fence - which was going straight across the footpath with a new stile 10 meters to the right. 
To be honest, I guess I was really lucky that I didn't come off worse than I did, but, I don't feel that lucky right now.
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment