Tuesday 20 March 2012

All washed out

Well its been a bit of a trying week to say that I'm trying not to buy anything.
My trusty nokia 3310 has finally died a death - I inadvertently put it in the washing machine - twice - my first thoughts on hearing the second wash cycle was that the washing machine had broken, but fortunately it was the bumping about of the phone instead.  I wasn't sure whether my friend's advice to put the phone in a sealed container of rice was a joke or not, but given that I don't want to unnecessarily  buy a phone, I thought I'd give it a go, having said that  I'm such a technophobe that at first I didnt realise that I would need to dismantle the phone..... I've now taken it to pieces and left it in rice (long grain brown) for over 24 hours and its still not looking hopeful  -
My watch has broken too - I'm not doing too well with watches - mine broke a month ago, so I looked around for an old watch to use - I found one of Colins but the strap broke within a day, I then found an old one of mine and paid to have a new battery, then the strap broke so I reglued it, then the strap broke again, so I reglued it again, and this morning it isn't working at all.
Obviously things could be a lot worse than a wet nokia 3310 and a broken watch, and obviously the first incident is down to pure muppetry, but its interesting how almost everybody is trying to persuade me that I now need an all singing all dancing phone.  Out of interest I've had a look on the web at new mobile phones, and am horrified to find that some of them are in excess of £300! - in fact only yesterday on a radio pbone in I heard a woman with a small child describe how after paying for her mobile phone and internet access she's in the position where sometimes she can't afford to feed herself.
The world's gone mad!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment