Monday 28 February 2011

Paper Plains

I’m currently analysing the work of textile arts for my textile degree, and have chosen to explore the work of Helen Hallows.
http://www.helenhallows.com/     helenhallows.blogspot.com
Through the Storm


Helen works in a combination of collage, inks and stitch - I’ve seen her landscapes in a few local galleries in Derbyshire, and love the designs; the more you look at them the more you see, and the use of different pieces of paper; both textured and printed, includes maps, newspapers and ruled paper.  Combined together they create really interesting textures for scenery. I really like the way that the combination of papers are used to make up the field system in "Harvest", while "Quiet" is just so relaxing to look at..

Colin and I love Helens work and because it is so distinctive its easily recognisable as hers when we see it in a gallery.

I’d emailed Helen to see if she’d be kind enough to provide me some information about her work and her inspirations, in order to help me with my studies, and despite being both a busy artist and mum she got me back to me straight away, - If I could be half as talented, organised and kind I’d be very happy.
Jackie

Quiet

Harvest



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring me. See you at my workshop. I like your profile...you can do it! x

    ReplyDelete