Friday 11 February 2011

Always look on the bright side

I've always tried to make dull jobs fun - for instance playing "sock snap"  where I try and match the socks in the laundry as quickly as possible, thereby making a boring task more entertaining.

Lately I've tried to put a more positive spin on where all of my taxes are going  -  My new idea is that everything around me is mine!  Its "my" library, "my" country park, "my" wood, "my" pavements, "my" canal etc.
It actually makes quite a difference to run around the  "my" country park, thinking that I own it.  All of a sudden its really important  to me, that I run over to "my" lake to check on "my" ducks, and thinking how lucky I am that I have "my" own personal rangers who are taking care of "my" woodland.
And more importantly I have "my" Library where they store all "my" books for me therefore giving me more room at "my" home. 
It's got to be worth a go!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment