Thursday 17 February 2011

The big Yew turn

We celebrated the Governments Yew turn of the big forest sale by having a walk in my local wood. The power of the internet has really shown how passionate the nation is about their forest and woodland.
Hoorah!  My woodland is saved!
Colin's pulled the last of the parsnips out, only the leeks to go, and the garlic and winter onions are already doing well, as are the early broad beans,  hopefully we'll have another year of  being self sufficient on the vegetable front.  That said all of the early seedlings keep dying off, we really shouldnt get ill, it means all the seeds got neglected.
We've just been for our first runs, post flu (for Col) and post cold (for me)  - its amazing how quickly you can lose your fitness and how hard it can seem to run a couple of miles.
I'm playing about with my loom a bit more - I've got some lovely sari silks that are beautiful and should make my scarf look great.
Off to the Nottingham light night festival tomorrow, so hopefully will put up some more pictures after that


Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment