Thursday 3 February 2011

Flame Retard(ent)

After reading Jac's blog entry, I thought I needed to put my side forward.

Its been an awkward few days being poorly -

First I'm screamed at for being ill, because she didn't recognise my hoarse voice and stupidly thought there was someone else in the house, even though all the doors had been locked, and I don't think many intruders would announce their presence with "Hello, I'm going to bed"

Secondly in an effort not to disturb Jac's sleep I decided I'd sleep on the sofa in the spare bedroom, which is far from ideal, and meant that I had to tuck myself up in an old sleeping bag.  I'd struggled to sleep most of the night, and was just about nodding off this morning, when I heard dulcet tones from the kitchen requesting my help quickly.  Emerging from groggy sleepiness, and unable to shout that I was on my way because my throat is to sore, I  became entangled in the said sleeping bag.  Of course Jac, completley unaware of my predicament, just shouted even more urgently.  When I eventually became untangled and made it downstairs to the kitchen, I found her stood there holding a brand new flaming kettle (proper flaming) looking not unlike Florence Nightingale holding a lamp, only not as calm.  Perhaps the funniest part was Jac saying I cant put it in water because its electric, when the electric parts are in the base unit and not the (still) flaming, and now melting bit that she was holding onto.

We're now sitting in the cold, kettleless and  waiting for the plumber to arrive, apparently the advice from British Gas to distinguish all naked flames and lit cigarettes was rather pertinent, as we have a massive gas leak under the concrete floor  - maybe thats why the gas bills have been getting higher, all things considered it looks like we've had a lucky escape.
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment