Thursday 3 February 2011

Cooking with gas - not quite

Its a been a bit of a hair raising week for me this week
On Tuesday I heard a voice inside the house while I'd gone to the bathroom  - I screamed because I thought I'd got an intruder  -but it turned out to be poor Colin  who had come home poorly from work, and sounding so croaky that I didn't recognise his voice.

Today I scared myself again, very dramatically this time, by setting fire to the kettle  - its easier to do than you might think, especially when after years of having a gas kettle that goes on the hob, you change to an electric one, and  then use it when you are very tired and sleepy  -  yeah you can probably guess the rest   - What makes it that bit funnier, but only in retrospect, is that I was shouting to Colin that he needed to come quickly and help, but because last night he'd been so poorly coughing, he'd taken himself off to the spare room to sleep and wrapped himself up to keep warm in a sleeping bag  - consequently as I'm yelling "Colin, come quick",  poor poorly Colin was still trying to untangle himself from his sleeping bag.

Just as I'm thinking things can't get much worse  - they can  - we've just had a whiff of gas from near the gas meter - I can't imagine its anything too serious otherwise I think the whole house would have gone up in flames with the kettle incident, and to be honest the Emergency Gas Hotline advice of distinguish any cigarettes or naked flames seems a bit over the top all things considered, but we'll see eh

Oh and I've just managed to destroy some pictures in my sketch book when my box of pastels fell on top of them.

Somehow I don't think its a good idea to use the heat gun to distress any materials today

Jackie 

No comments:

Post a Comment