Tuesday 15 March 2011

sole love

We had a pretty hectic weekend - on Saturday me n Col went to York; I was going to a felty slipper making workshop while Col was taking photos of historic York on his new camera.
I've made felty bags before, but this time the whole technique was very different, it still worked from outside in, but used cold water all the way through, and the added complication with slippers is that, unlike bags, its quite important which way the design goes otherwise it ends up on the sole of the slipper rather than across the top  - Hmmmm like I said its quite complicated, and theres lots of turning backwards and forewards involved, consequently me and several other participants ended up with lovely slippers with the unique twist of design detail on the sole, rather than across the top  - personally I think the sole of any shoe is largely overlooked, and my sole design is both subtle and lovely!
They're not quite finished yet - I'll post a piccie when they are
On the Sunday I went to a collage workshop run by Helen Hallows, and had a great time learning more about her techiques
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment