Wednesday 16 March 2011

Rooftop,running

As Jac said earlier in the week we went to York. I love looking at old buildings and so set off around the walls of York while Jac went and  made her wrong way round slippers ( actually they look very good even if the design is on the sole), I was surprised how much of the wall remains and the good condition they are in and was also impressed with the architecture you could see off the wall and of the surrounding buildings. Looking across the roof tops is where you really see the old buildings so while shop and house fronts forever keep changing with the times , a roof only changes when its leaky. I must also point out  this is where Jac and I differ as I take pictures off the architecture and landscape and find roof tops beautiful, Jac takes picture of textures and close up interesting shapes.

If you are in York take a look at and in the merchants guild hall this is an amazing building with an impressive history to it.


Also this week I have had a day clearing more of the allotment ,a never ending task it seems but very rewarding as you can see what you have done.  I've also got a lot of seeds planted so will be waiting like an expectant father for them to show there little heads.


My other love of running went well on Tuesday night as I beat my previous course best by 1.03 Min's and I have been told it could be a course best but we will wait and see as I think the  5.3K course best is a time off 18 Min's or so and mine was 19.25 mins.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment