Tuesday 14 December 2010

A Solomon Day

Today, the Radio 2 hosts Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie, had to help me with my Freecycle dilemma:
I was gifting a digital camera on Freecycle (its a website where you recycle unwanted items by giving them away).  As anticipated I had loads of people wanting the camera, and I couldn't decide whether to give it to the first person who got back to me (or were they too grabby?)  Should I give it to the most deserving (and what criteria should I use to decide? and who am I to judge?), or should I give it to the person who wished me a Merry Christmas (or were they too creepy?)
Stuart decided that in his capacity as the wise old Solomon, that it should be the first person, who got back to me, so that's that  - who ever would have thought that giving things away could be so stressful!

We've had a good day today; we've had a pre Christmas clear out, and caught up with lots of friends.

Jackie

Update - ok maybe not such a good day, fellow radio listeners have disagreed with Staurt "Solomon" Maconies advice; and suggested that I should have picked names out of a hat, or tried to have established who was the most discerning  -   Feeling very guility

No comments:

Post a Comment