Tuesday 7 December 2010

slippy nights

      Well we've had the blog a while now and I started the trend of the titles having the word "days" in them, but when I went to put these photos on tonight and couldn't think of a "day" title.
       It got me wondering why we put these kind of constraints on ourselves; we are quite free, but we do often put self imposed rules on our selves that stop us from doing the most simple of things.
       So seen as I tend to do more at night ,I have titled this page "slippy nights". It's more appropriate as I often feel like I get up in the middle of the night (although this is only because it is so dark) .
       I got up this morning knowing it was going to be cold ,but wasn't expecting to cycle to work in a temperature of -9 C. I think that's the coldest I have cycled in (up to now).


Now to what I was going to post:
I headed out late afternoon yesterday for a run and was able to see these great views and a brilliant sunset.  I got back when it was nice and dark after a 13 mile run  and only slipped around a couple of times.  I am gaining quite good night vision at the moment and not relying on the head torch at the moment . And at least it was only about -2C when I arrived back so quite balmy weather, really
Gam

No comments:

Post a Comment