Sunday 3 October 2010

a Wet day

My longest run of my schedule (20miles) and i'd still got a cold and the rain just wouldnt stop - I felt like a puppy who's been dragged out of the front door, by its owner, insistent that it goes out whatever the weather.
That said, running through mud and puddles is actually good fun, so once I was out there it wasnt too bad; it also has the added advantage that most people had stayed indoors so it was really quiet, which also meant that I got to see quite a few squirrels and rabbits darting in and out of the rain.
And we made the best of a wet afternoon (and the fact that I had really achey legs and didnt want to do anything too strenuous) by going to the Cinema, which we haven't done for ages - I think its fair to say that we're probably quite entertaining to the rest of the audience when we do go; we haven't had a tv for about 5 years consequently we find that we haven't seen any of the adverts in the trailer, that everybody else has seen for months, and so we laugh out loud at things that everybody else is bored by; not only that, as soon as the trailers start up, I cover my hands with my ears, because the sound seems way too loud to me; and poor old Colin struggles with the speed of the moving images, and finds that they either hurt his eyes or that he gets motion sickness.
Yeah, yeah as far as entertainment and technology goes we're a disgrace!, (its only a few months ago that I learned what a Wii was - Col had told me that all the young people at the youth club wanted "a wii" and apparently my puzzled and bemused face made it clear that I needed futher explanation!!!)
Oh yeah, the film "Made in Dagenham" is really good; all about the women machinists at Ford striking in the 1960s for equal pay; i'm not sure how satisfactory the recommendation of 2 luddites is, but we really enjoyed it - and it didnt hurt Colins' eyes....
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment