Monday 27 September 2010

a Dave Gorman kind of day

Funny old day today; I went for an interview and when I gave my name to the receptionist she became a bit flustered - It turned out that someone with exactly the same name as me had also just reported their presence for the same interview......
Apparently her application form had got lost, so although she would be well qualifed to do the job, she didnt get invited for an interview. After about a month she phoned up to see what had happened, and the person she spoke to saw that I'd been invited for an interview, and obviously presumed that she was me, and gave her the details of when and where to turn up.

I've come close to meeting someone with the same name as me before, as somewhere in Nottinghamshire County council, which is where I currently work; someone there in another building has the same email as me, and sowe often get each others emails (only hers are usually more interesting!), but this is the first time I've had that Dave Gorman moment of "I'm Jackie Ward," "No, I'm Jackie Ward" - It wasn't unlike a programme Graeme Garden used to present where he used to ask the real XXXX to reveal themselves - (can anybody remember what it was called?, it was loosely based on "Whats my line", and its going to annoy me terribley that I can't remember...)

Anyway, I don't think I've got the job, but at least I didnt have the terrible experience of the poor old other Jackie Ward, who was asked to go home and rewrite her application form, and then return back the same afternoon for the inteview and test - how stressful is that?

Jackie (The real one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment