Sunday 10 October 2010

Night Running


Now the nights are getting darker again, I've been making the most of the nights by taking my head torch and running off road - on Friday night when we were both out we saw an owl and some bats. Tonight though I did a run where I got a bit spooked; I'd been running for about 40 minutes in the pitch black across the old colliery screens and was cutting through Shipley Country Park and running past one of the old houses (which for those that know the area is now part of Green Health) and the temperature plummeted. I know that a lot of the buildings around there are supposed to be haunted but I've run past them loads of times before, and never felt unnerved like I did tonight. I quickened up my pace, and as soon as I was away from the house, the temperature rose again, and I felt ok again. The funny thing is that its so protected by trees I would have expected it to have felt warm. On a positive note, I got a bit of speed work in, and its the closest I've come to feeling a presence.

If the night wasn't exciting enough, I saw a fox on the way back home too - he didnt seem suprised by me at all. I love night running!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment