Wednesday 6 October 2010

Last of the long runs day

Well my marathon is only a week and a half a way, and my taper is underway - I've had a really high mileage to do this week (57 miles; 20 on sun, 11 on tues, 15 today wed, and 11 on fri) - all of my runs are feeling a bit of an effort now as my body is just sooooo tired, but knowing that my longest run pre race is only going to be 11 miles, is making every thing seem a bit more bearable.
I had thought of doing an ultra with Col after the marathon (an ultra is any race longer than a marathon) I was thinking of doing one that is about 30miles long, whereas Col is now looking at the possibility of doing one the Cotswolds Hilly 100; which I guess fairly obviously is 100 miles (and hilly) or the Bob Graham round (42 peaks, 74 miles, and 28500 ft of ascent) - the goal of both of these runs is to complete them within 24hours; complete madness! .... and makes my marathon and thoughts of a 30 mile ultra seem pretty insignificant.

On a different note my loom came today, I plan to start doing some weaves, and hopefully selling them, soon!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment