Friday 22 February 2013

Textilers in the Making

I've been using my neighbours' children as guinea pigs again this week!  Half term seemed the perfect week to make sock animals with them - although it's good a job I didn't have a firm "sock animal" plan in my head - as the conversation went something like this Me; What do you want to make, an animal or a monster?.
Them; Animal.  M; Ok - What kind of animal?  Them:  A butterfly.    Errr ok, that tested my creativeness to its limits.  In the end we pretty much abandoned the sock element and went for basics with pom poms and pipe cleaners, and the fact that they were happy with what they'd made was pretty evident.
I'm really made up though, because yesterday I got a thank you card, a butterfly incorporating bits of MATERIAL!!!!
Hoorah - textilers in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment