Tuesday 26 February 2013

hanging out the bunting.

Been a busy few days - I've been making bunting in advance of the open studios event (I feel like I'm trapped inside a Banksy picture) been trying to finish off pieces for next weeks craft fair, and do my homework as well.
Today I worked with my nordic walking instructor friend, to help her design a patchwork square.  She has a friend who has cancer and is wanting friends contribute patchwork squares so she can sew together a giant patchwork quilt of hope, with colours graduating from dark to light.  The idea is that it will give her something to occupy her on the days she doesn't feel like much company, or doesn't want to watch the television.  After a run, discussing ideas we sketched out some draft ideas, and came up with the idea of feet and (nordic) pole prints walking into the sunshine.
I think it's a lovely idea, especially as everybody involved will tune in to their creative side in doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment