Wednesday 6 February 2013

A very special delivery

This one's a bit different to my usual pieces, but has been great fun to make.  Asked to make a cushion for a new born baby, I suggested that rather than sew the details, in the conventional way, that I incorporate them into a picture.  I drafted a few ideas, and the special delivery post box was the favourite, so here it is.  It was lovely to be caught up in the excitement of a new born baby, and I got to see photos of her too - she's gorgeous.
a very special delivery - cushion for a new born baby


It's been nice to work in a different style, and as most of my commissions have been wall art, its also been interesting to design something very personal that is practical too.  I've posted it on to my website www.treehuggery.co.uk and once Col has framed some new pieces for me, I'll post some new pieces of wall art on there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment