Sunday 2 December 2012

Pop ups!

I just love the whole ethos of a pop up shop, this is the 2nd one that I've been in, on the run up to Christmas.
I love the way that they give a whole new lease of life to a building, its neighbouring shops,  and, in both of my cases, the local artists that they represent.  They make the area more vibrant, and we've had so many people coming in and saying that they really like the space, that I've just lost count of how many times I've been told it.
Obviously theres a lot of hard work behind the scenes, cleaning and renovating a space thats been empty for a very long time, co-ordinating the permits and licences needed quickly and in a short space of time, knowing that theres only a short space of time to select artists and  promote the premises, and of course the investments needed. 
What these pop ups do show, is that despite the recession, and the fact that "stack em high, sell em cheap, mass produced" superstores exist, people do really appreciate hand crafted goods, and don't want every shop to be a replica of a shop in the neighbouring town.

Dezigne, Carlton St, Hockley, Nottingham, throughout December

No comments:

Post a Comment