Monday 10 December 2012

Sheeps

Here's a sneak preview from "The Sheeps" collection (we've always called more than one sheep "sheeps", since going to Iceland, several years ago, where thats what they were called.  I remember someone trying to correct people, and while I know they were being helpful, actually "sheeps" is a such a nice word,  it makes me smile everytime I say it,  and it shows how impossible the English language is)
Currently I'm struggling with how lifelike versus how styelised my sheeps should be, I like the idea of a slightly scruffy, waiting to be sheared sheep, but this means that they're not the rotund sheep that are usually characterised.
The plan is to donate a £1 from each "Sheeps" sold (now thats not grammatical!) to the Brinsley Animal Rescue centre.  (If you read my earlier post from today, you'll get an idea of how moved I was by the project)
A Sheep in progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment