Monday 26 November 2012

Blown Away

Wow it's been windy over the last few days - not the best of days for standing in a muddy marquee at an Arts and Craft Fair, still I was wrapped up in my ski trousers and coat and its been lovely. As always I've had a really pleasant time chatting and laughing with really interesting people, I was lucky enough to be next to Georgie and her friend Beth from http://www.pixel-portraits.co.uk/.  They were both really nice and have the most amazing idea - pixelated protraits, but the pixels are actually symbols (numbers, or hearts or ducks etc) if you click on the website you can play about with a photo and change the colourway and the pattern.  They had the idea after creating portraits of family actually using dice, and the more I think about it, the more I realise how difficult that must have been.
I've met some lovely people coming up to my stall and had some really interesting conversations with people who love trees, or who love playing about with different textile techniques, and of course with people who love touchy tactile things.  it's always really nice to see the people who are buying my pieces, it sounds a cliche but I love knowing that people like my work, maybe thats the warm feeling that stopped me feeling cold all weekend! 
Packing up, though, proved a challenge, the rain had started falling really heavily, the wind had picked up, and the road had closed, so I had to carry big boxes in the dark to the car park, which is a fair distance away.  I think it must be there that my TreeHuggery table cloth, embroidered and appliqued with the words "TreeHuggery. Textile. Tactile. Unique", got blown away.  With a wry smile I'm wondering it it has got blown into a tree somewhere, and if it has, what passers will be wondering if they see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment