Saturday 10 November 2012

Wensleydale

Well I knew this month was going to be a busy one, but its already gone through the roof!  It was really nice to have a nice calm day at Craft in the City which is inside the most beautiful church.  As always I've spoken to some really lovely and interesting people, and this time I had the added bonus of been given some wensleydale (wool - not cheese).  The woman at the stall opposite me had brought along felty soaps, but it turns out that she's also a shepherd. Like me she hates wasting anything and has been horrified that huge bags of fleece are sold for so little, sometimes only 8p a kilo, and so she's started felting soaps.  I'd always understood that this is really difficult to do, because the felting process starts as soon as you start adding the dye, but I've been told that I should try using kool-aid (the drink) rather than acid dyes and heat the combination in a microwave.  So will wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment