Sunday 22 August 2010

funny runny day


Cols' ultra was a good run. He ran 50K (31 miles) along part of the Robin Hood Way from Blidworth to Nottingham Castle. Its a boggy and undulating route, and isn't particularly well signposted, hence he and a lot of the other runners ended up getting lost, which resulted in even more mileage and time on legs. (One runner managed to approach all 5 checkpoints from different angles and went through the finish funnel the wrong way!). Despite having problems with his knees all the way round and having to run/walk most of the route, Col managed to bag 5th place.

My 14 mile plod from Attenborough to Trent Bridge is a bit tame in comparison, but entertaining in its own right - I managed to run past a hedgerow stuffed with the biggest mushrooms I had ever seen, ran past a woman on her mobile phone who seemed really pleased to see me and was commentating to her friend on my progress while waving and encouraging me (I don't know who she was, but she was very friendly), and saw a pack of 7 beagles being taken for a walk.



No comments:

Post a Comment