Sunday 15 August 2010

A fine day

Its been a fine day today. I was expecting the worst in the weather and my head, but my head was fine even though I'd had a couple of pints the night before. We were at my Aunt and Uncles 50th wedding anniversary . It was great to catch up with a lot of the realatives I do not see very often and some who I'd not seen for over 20 years. What was surprising though was that a member of out running club was their and he's been a friend of my Aunt and Uncle for years, and I had no idea. Small world . Also in this small world, I managed to meet the midwife to deliver me some 37 years ago, I certainly don't remember her, but she does remember me - perhaps its my beard that gave it away? The only thing i've previously heard about my birth is that I was nearly born at the top of my street because I was too impatient to wait to get to the maternity hospital.

Today Jacs been for a 15 mile run ,which she seem's to have enjoyed because I wasn't there (hmm) Although the present Mrs Ward also managed to get lost and trip her self up on said run, ....not so good.

I 've been down the allotment the last two mornings digging out the potatoes and clearing the ever growing weeds,its looking neater down there again . oh and before I forget; more courgettes there seems to be no end to them. Last of the peas are doing well and the chard is looking healthy and the onions are ready and i'm trying to dry them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment