Saturday 31 July 2010

dandilion day








Here's my dandilion scarf, which is my final project for this textiles module. Its designed to be
reversible, so depending on how you want to wear it, the stalks should still be in the right direction. It was a complete nightmare trying to think how to make dandilions that would look wispy - I tried all sorts of things; taking a blow torch to material, slashing material, layering materials - I finally settled on this which is deconstructed climbing rope - hope Colin doesn't have any lengthy climbs in mind!
I'm planning to start my next module soon, which will include screen printing, and looking at inspirations from different cultures

1 comment:

  1. Ah a good blog guys. Didnt realise you two were fellow bloggers. Mine is Laidbackfellrunner. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete