Wednesday 14 July 2010

having a bad day

Well, it all started ok, i'm moving on with my dandilion scarf and had some new ideas for it which i'm hoping will work well, Col came back with armfuls of courgettes - again! I'm hoping my veggie cookbook will inspire me with some more ideas for what to do with so many.
Everything was going fine, up until I stepped out the door at 4.30pm for my long run of 13 miles .... The fact that it just started to spot with rain the very moment that I closed the door behind me, should have given me some idea that the run might not be a good idea. As I set off the rain just got heavier and heavier and heavier and heavier, at one point I couldn't see, was soaked to the skin, and was running through a river where there is usually a path. When lo and behold it started to thunder and lighten (ing?) AND then, there was the sound of cracking - really big branches started breaking off the trees - but not just any old trees, oh no, the ones that were above and around me - oops.
Have to say, I started to get a bit concerned, as at the moment I'm very tired, and only have one running pace; slow. After the branches had hit the floor, I decided that 13 miles was probably going to be pushing my luck, and made for a quick (well slow) exit home and a warm bath -
on the bright side, my mad dog trainer, who is normally non to sympathetic has suggested that i just do a short 7-8 mile run on friday, and put this week behind me. Here's to drier and less traumatic runs next week

No comments:

Post a Comment