Monday 28 December 2009

cold potato day

Hullo, Jac here - thought I'd give Col a break from doing all the entries...

'Went for a short run today as the ice is clearing, but managed to fall over on one of the icy patches along the canal, its still really difficult conditions for running, typical get some free time but still can't get out...
'Came back and joined Col on the allotment, he was busy trying to light a fire, but its still sooo cold and wet, and we're so rubbish at starting fires, that even with a whole bottle of meths on it, it never really took hold - at best it managed to slightly warm a couple of jacket potatoes that I'd optimistically brought along, but they only served for warming my hands up, - who'd have thought that fire starting could be so difficult.
On the way back, Col was trying to help me put my grizzles on, and (he claims accidentally) managed to hit me on the head with the spade - ok so it might have been comical to anybody watching, but i wasnt to impressed.
This afternoons been quite a lazy one, I've made some more bird feeders for taking down the allotment (the 2 i took down on boxing day have already gone) and then I've been reading my Christmas book, "The Angels Game", not as good as its predecessor "The Shaddow in the Wind", but ok.
Might make some felty balls tonight, to make into jewellery (oh yeah and the tea cosy is the right size - just!)
tarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment