Sunday 31 March 2013

Metal Hipopotamus

I love doing craft fairs, I get to meet the nicest and most interesting people.  I've previously made friends with a shepherdess and a Well Dresser.  Yesterday I was sitting next to a wood turner.  Like me, she was made redundant from the Council where she worked, and like me, she took a long hard look at her life, and decided to make some changes and start to earn a living by doing the things she loves. She sold her house, and bought a canal boat, she now lives there, and is a mile away from even a corner shop, and a long car drive away from the nearest town, so if she hasn't got the things she needs, then that's it, she has to without.. She keeps herself warm and toasty with a wood burning stove  She has kingfishers outside her window, and is woken in the morning by the ducks nibbling away at the algae on the boat.  Because she's always moored there, the wildlife completely ignore her, and in her words, regard her as a Metal Hippopotamus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment