Sunday 26 February 2012

Just Leaving

So much for a day of rest - Col has been working hard, helping a friend with skirting boards.  I went for a run and then started work on my cushions again.  I was unhappy with the Autumn design, it needed leaves, but didn't want to use more burnt voiles; french knots would neither be commercially viable to do, or sufficiently unusual (even when I mixed threads, string and wool, the effect still felt like it was something that anybody would be able to easily recreate.)  After a flash of insipiration I finally decided to use some of my old and largely abandoned merino wools that I use from time to time for felting.  I like to think the effect gives the impression of a blur of autumn leaves just before they start to fall.
It's taken most of the day for me to decide on this effect, but hopefully it was worth it, and that future cushions will be more efficient.
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment