Wednesday 1 February 2012

Regrets, I've had a few.

Well me and Col have continually discussed our wish to spend less time stressing about work, and more quality time doing the things that we enjoy, but of course the lack of money is, and probably always will be, a worry, but today I read a report from a nurse in pallitive care.  She's written "a top 5" of regrets that people have when they know that they're dying, unsuprisingly the first one is "I wish I'd  not spent so much of my life  being at work".  Really sadly another common regret was "I wish I'd spent more time enjoying myself".
I need to keep remembering this, and every time I have a "wobble" about what I'm doing, I need to ask myself, will I ever use my last few words saying "I wish I'd spent more time at work?"
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment