Saturday 11 February 2012

Brinsley, land of ice and fire.

Even though the temperature outside this morning was -9 C, it is still colder inside the house than outside.
This morning though there was a reason for being toasty outside, as I had a whole heap of rotten wood to burn while Col was busy stud walling the attic. 
As well as burning all of the wood, I also managed, inadvertently, to melt my plastic credit cards and the (fake) fur of my parka coat - ooops!  Fortunately my credit card is still working, just, as later in the day I popped out to do some shopping and pick up some petrol, the card is rather a funny shape, but I can just about wiggle it into the card reader.  Note to self, don't warm my coat up by hanging it quite so close to the fire when the wind is constantly changing direction.
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment