Saturday 1 January 2011

My Life is flashing before me - and its all orange

Well its only the 1st January, and I've already received countless holiday cottage brochures suggesting I should think about the summer holidays, and then when I popped in the newsagents this morning after my muddy run, I was confronted by rows and rows of Easter eggs and Valentine chocolates  - It sent me in to a mini panic thinking that I should put the brussels on so that they're ready for next Christmas.
As if its not bad enough that my life is flashing before me, I think its all orange  - Yesterday I caught Colin putting orange juice on his cereal instead of soya milk (sadly he's as much a skinflint as me, that when he realised his mistake, he ate his orangey crunchy nut conflakes, rather than pour them away and start again) - uuugh- Later that night I had to try not to stare when I saw a friend of a friend eating an unpeeled satsuma as though it were an apple - My friends think I'm eccentric for eating peppers this way, but I'm sure I couldn't do it with an orange.  Then to cap it all off I've just poured orange juice into my earl grey....
Can life get any more orange?
Happy New Year
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment