Friday 12 April 2013

Say what?

I love the confusion that the English Language brings.... I still find it amusing that I was at cross purposes for so long when I was told that my car needed "a new car bonnet",  After a few times of me repeating the statement, and then asking what was was wrong with the one I'd already got, it turned out that I needed "a new carb on it"
Cols mum and dad make me smile every time they talk about the wireless, it means something so much different to most people nowadays, and when they talked about liking dance music, it turned out that they liked listening to big band music.
Today the headline in the Metro was "overdosing on tablets is killing PCs", and I started to read the article thinking that our police force were suffering from stress, but it turned out that the headline was referring to tablet computers and personal computers....

No comments:

Post a Comment