Monday 23 January 2012

Can you tell what it is yet?

As part of my drawing module (for my textiles degree) I'm having to do an assignment on drawing outdoors - and its really quite intimidating.  I feel so self conscious and as a result, I'm trying to draw really quickly and am drawing really small (I have a natural tendency to draw BIG!), and the level of detail that I see outside is far too overwhelming. I'm also naturally quite an expressive drawer and for some reason I'm really struggling with the topic of drawing outside, where I keep expecting everything to look like a photographic representation.  This is the first picture that I'm vaguely happy with, so hopefully I've turned a corner and have left my "sketchers block" behind.  Mind you I've got trees to do sometime soon, and that'll be really really challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment