Sunday 3 July 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears

That I'm easily more scared than the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz, wouldn't be too much of a problem if only I didn't have such an active imagination.
Earlier this week there was a very sad news story about a man living near Eastwood who had a heart attack after being bitten by one of his many King Cobra's from his King Kobra Sanctury.  Apart from being horrified by the needless death, I was also horrified because the house we're hoping to move too is in a village very close to Eastwood, and I've always had a fear that an escaped snake could find its way into my house by flipping up the letterbox with its tail and slithering in  - and am now in a constant state of high alert thinking that the empty house we're going to buy has an escaped King Cobra waiting to pounce on me.  Colin has tried to reassure me that the house is currently too cold and damp for a snake to be active, but in my troubled mind that is even worse, because we'll open the door to find we've woken up a hungry, grumpy snake.
My hectic Friday night hasn't made my nerves any less jangled either  - on going down to the allotment to water the plants, I had a very narrow escape with a wasps nest hidden behind the water pipe, and then later that night, trying to relax with a glass of wine under the apple tree, I got hit on the head by a falling apple.
Doh!
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment