Sunday 24 April 2011

lost Pitts

I went for an early morning (6.30am) run with Mr Pitt's this morning, he's just done the London Marathon in 3.05 and is in training for a 50 mile ultra along the Welsh Taff trail in a couple of weeks. Todays run was meant to be a 15 miler as I haven't been doing many long runs as other commitments have slowed my running activaties down.
I ran the 2.75 miles over to his house so  theoretically I only had 13.25 miles  left to run.  Hmmm, not quite.... Mr Pitts was going to guide the route because it was one of his favorites and he knew it well.... Yeah right....   After getting me  lost numerous times, I finally made it back home with 20.5 miles under my belt. Not bad on an undulating route accross to Ockbrook, Locko Park and West Hallam
Actually I'm not really sure why I'm suprised.... Mr Pitts has been known to get lost running along the Grantham Canal  - how obvious can a route be..... 

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment